A person granted registration may only practice in a free medical clinic that does not provide abortions and restricts the health professional’s authorized services and duties to the provision of care or service at a free medical clinic.
If granted, the volunteer health services registration expires two years from the date the volunteer health services registration is granted. A voluntary health services registration is not renewable but a health professional may reapply for a new voluntary health services registration every two years.
A volunteer health services registration enables the registrant to engage in fourteen days of practice each calendar year in the State of Arizona for the purpose of rendering services at a free medical clinic. The fourteen days of practice may be performed consecutively or cumulatively during each calendar year.
Those approved have met the following qualifications.
An acupuncturist may apply for a volunteer health services registration pursuant to A.R.S. § 32-3217 if he/she meets all of the following criteria:
- Holds an active and unrestricted license in a state, territory or possession of the United States.
- Has never had a license revoked or suspended.
- Is not the subject of an unresolved complaint.
- Applies for registration every two years as prescribed by the board.
- Agrees to render services at a free medical clinic that does not provide abortions and restricts the health professional’s authorized services and duties to the provision of care or service at a free medical clinic.
- Provides only the care or services that the health professional is licensed or authorized to provide by the health professional’s regulatory agency or this state’s regulatory board for the same health profession, whichever is more stringent.